Well, looks like we have now added a nano to our list of tanks

WhatCouldGoWrong71

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
This started out as a refuge for a mantis shrimp that came in on some wet gulf rock we purchased. Well, I think it is safe to say we now have another tank to take care of. It's been up for 60 days, we had originally put two of the rocks from the gulf in here, recent traded one for some rubble when we put the mantis in our big tank... like my name says...

So, I took some biohome that I had seeded in my tank and put it in the little shark filter with a sponge. It really gives decent flow to the tank. Doing 50% weekly water changes, it's a 6G. We keep the glass lid on it and have nearly zero evaporation. We put these two clowns in it over the weekend. I've been putting copepods and some amphipods in here over the last month or so as well. The first night with the clowns in this I put some phyto in it. My god the clowns were going nuts, they must have seen the pods come out to eat I guess.

Never did a 6G before, should I do more than 1 water change a week to get the nutrients out? I am hitting it with 1ml of AFR daily. My water station is on the other side of that wall, I am half tempted to do AWCs, lol, but I don't feel like cutting into my shiplap. My wife is not a fan of AWC, so that will never happen.... to any of our tanks unfortunately.

I bought one of those Fluval Marine Nano lights for like $60 bucks. Not much par with no whites. We have zero white in the program. The higher number is with 100% whites.

IMG_1610.JPG IMG_1611.JPG IMG_1612.JPG IMG_1588.JPG

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It looks like you are off to a good start! Congratulations on the new adventure!!!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 78.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 8.1%

Back