Well there’s no stopping now, old man gets started

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting to keep a saltwater aquarium for years, but something always came up and put it on the back burner. Now both the kids are finished college and making their own way in the world. So now I’ve decided to make time for me. I’ve read for two years and researched all I can. So I’ve put in shelves in the garage for the saltwater mixing station and ordered 2-Norwesco 65 gal. storage tanks and plumbing supplies for the station and aquarium. RODI unit and testing supplies and dry live rock to start curing. Got 2-quarantine tanks and supplies. Once the station is plumbed and RODI unit installed and making water, it will be time to order a 120 gal tank and stand. It’s going to be a process, but there’s no turning back now. So the adventure begins........photos as progress moves along.

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been wanting to keep a saltwater aquarium for years, but something always came up and put it on the back burner. Now both the kids are finished college and making their own way in the world. So now I’ve decided to make time for me. I’ve read for two years and researched all I can. So I’ve put in shelves in the garage for the saltwater mixing station and ordered 2-Norwesco 65 gal. storage tanks and plumbing supplies for the station and aquarium. RODI unit and testing supplies and dry live rock to start curing. Got 2-quarantine tanks and supplies. Once the station is plumbed and RODI unit installed and making water, it will be time to order a 120 gal tank and stand. It’s going to be a process, but there’s no turning back now. So the adventure begins........photos as progress moves along.
tjscott46,
Congrats!!!
Delayed.. welcome to Reef 2 Reef and glad that you are posting.

Like Hybird said:
Start a build thread under the "Member Tanks" forum and let us watch your build :)

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome from one older( relative term of course) keeper to another ! Your gonna have fun! What's your game plan? Fish only 1st? Right into the corals maybe?

OP
OP
T

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fish only to get my feet wet, but everything I’m putting on the tank will be aimed at adding up to LPS corals in Time. If I’m able to maintain my parameters for at least 6 months then I’ll start adding corals. I’ve been saving my money for awhile, so I’ll try and buy it right the first time.... at least that’s the plan.

SurfLife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...so I’ll try and buy it right the first time.... at least that’s the plan.

Good Luck :) , I had exactly the same plan but it seems everyday I learn about some new item I was not aware even existed and end up buying again. Just listen to the vets here and read everything you can. I probably could have saved a few by finding this place first but it does not hurt to keep the equipment I replaced as backup anyway.

Congrats and welcome to the hobby (that I just entered 1 year ago myself). :cool:

reef lover

It's a reef thing....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the salt life! I love hearing people are researching and doing the leg work before jumping in!!

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the group. Lots of very nice and helpful folks here. Don't hesitate to ask questions. Post some pictures of your mixing station setup. Lots of people here would love to see it and ask you questions about your system. :)

PatW

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard. It sounds as if you have given this a fair amount of thought.

OP
OP
T

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I’ve gotten a game plan written up. To include the order I purchase lighting, sand rocks, getting the sump hard plumbed. UV sterilizer, manifold for add on as needed.. water station gets completed first, then rock cure, as soon as that starts time to order the tank and stand. I have been preparing for a while so the price sting doesn’t cut so deep. Lol. Build post will follow. Thank everyone for all the well wishes and advice.

OP
OP
T

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve been working on my FW/SW mixing station. Finished it this afternoon RODI unit installed and making waster. If someone can tell me how to upload videos from an iPhone I’ll show you what it looks like.

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome home, you will love it here!

Yes, keep us updated with your progress with lots of photos, and let us know if there’s anything we can answer for you! :)

OP
OP
T

tjscott46

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1891.JPG

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 75 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back