Well water

IDAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
I am using well water in my tank in the last 6 months. entering my RODI unit about 25-35 tds (after the house filters), exit is 0 tds BUT! the DI only last for about 20 gallons. I am burning media like crazy.
If anyone have better solution (other then go to the store) please advise. lfs is too far from me...

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have well water and DI last a while
I Do have a whole house filter and water softener

OP
OP
I

IDAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my well system includes carbon and salt as softener then 20 micron whole house filter.
not sure why my DI is gone so fast

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe upgrading to a 6 or 7 stage filter? May save on media in the long run?

OP
OP
I

IDAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about it, but I read here in old post that 1 guy was doing RO only, mixing with air for 24hours and then pump to the DI. he said that the CO2 in his water was too high and ate his DI.
Can it be?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That question is a little above my pay grade.

DaddyFish

“5 percenter”
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was thinking about it, but I read here in old post that 1 guy was doing RO only, mixing with air for 24hours and then pump to the DI. he said that the CO2 in his water was too high and ate his DI.
Can it be?
Yes, it is a common problem in well water. I'm on a community well but I'm the first house on the system. CO2 is a big problem.
I also run a 5-stage filtration ahead of the RO membrane ( Whole House: 10-micron sediment, Carbon Block, Carbon Block) then standard 10-inch Carbon Block, another Carbon Block then to the RO and finally the DI.

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s your co and ph. Well water here too. You will probably have to run a pre container to oxygenated it and then pump it through RODI. Or burn up a lot of DI.

OP
OP
I

IDAN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s your co and ph. Well water here too. You will probably have to run a pre container to oxygenated it and then pump it through RODI. Or burn up a lot of DI.
pump RO water to container? air out ,and DI after ?

Tiki Reef Joshua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tap to a storage container, that gets oxygenated to blow off the co and get your ph ok, from there it gets pumped through your RoDi system. Contact Spectrapure. They will get you straight. If I’m not right I’m close. Mine is bad but not as bad as yours. 75 or so gallons per DI cartridge. I just eat it and buy a lot of DI resin. But that is a your issue. I use .2 micron prefilter, .5 micron carbon blocks, I have a softener... all that. None of it matters for your DI if your CO heavy or ph is way off. Call spectrapure. They have solutions.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 66 51.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 52.3%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 32 25.0%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.0%
Back