Wellsophyllia advice needed

VintageReefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 16, 2023
Messages
19,498
Reaction score
34,772
Location
USA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I bought a wellso and it came in rough shape due to mishandling from ups. The bag leaked out half the water. Skeleton exposed to air for who knows how long. Water saturated heat pack and made it cold.

Put it in the tank and gave it some days to heal up and it’s mostly good but there are a few spots bare still, might be peeling a little. Any way to turn this around?

My concerns are the bare spots on the left will grow. And the darker spots will peel, making more bare spots, that also will spread.

Should I just feed it and keep conditions stable? Does it need a dip? I have revive and coral rx on hand if needed, but don’t want to stress it more unless it’s needed

Photo timespan is arrival day 12/21/23 to present day 1/1/24

34C80107-392E-4EB1-A0AF-723C12271FD9.jpeg 91094A4B-2B48-4827-90C2-494447148975.jpeg C0A69D7E-A4CC-4BB1-9DF0-524B60172E6E.jpeg E0860AEB-1CD3-4811-AA61-9902EC640603.jpeg EBF4E93B-99F7-41C8-AB9F-EBEE2808AA48.jpeg 33EB6ED1-E854-45FD-B662-F69F40696325.jpeg BA9AB857-6E6D-41D3-BBEE-6940F1C3857D.jpeg AE6CBB75-1772-499A-BA5C-94187AB34791.png
 
Last edited:
I think that that's just part of the healing process, I have a wilsoni that occasionally has bare spots with the skeleton exposed for one reason or another. The tissue will just puff up around it and eventually heal. Though an iodine dip could help fight off any potential infections.
 
I had a Cynarina have something similar but it healed quickly..few days tops. Guess I’m concerned I haven’t really seen improvement by now.

I’ll give it more time. Of course I’m out of Lugols

Thanks for the advice!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 48 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new