Went to order a WaterBox REEF 180.5 not now

aprigging

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to order my WB and wanted to order extra cabinet door and they said no. So looking at buying a different tank now. Not sure if customer service always treat people like I was for asking but for 5K and asking to buy extra doors I did not think it would be a problem my bad.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just about to order my WB and wanted to order extra cabinet door and they said no. So looking at buying a different tank now. Not sure if customer service always treat people like I was for asking but for 5K and asking to buy extra doors I did not think it would be a problem my bad.
There are plenty other great brands to go with.. I would agree with you…. Why wouldn’t they want to sell you a spare door… they have a ton laying around I’m sure.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty other great brands to go with.. I would agree with you…. Why wouldn’t they want to sell you a spare door… they have a ton laying around I’m sure.
Let me add that i have a redsea and I wanted a waterbox and I have 0 complaints on my redsea

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Their system is likely not set up to treat cabinet doors as a separate item, in much the same way that a car dealer is not set up to sell individual car doors as a separate item. It's an unusual ask to want an extra door to go along with your cabinet, so it hasn't been a priority for them to set things up to sell the doors individually. The CS agent likely couldn't have sold you an extra door if they had wanted to.

If it's the difference between making the sale or not, I would think that would be worth it for the CS agent to escalate up to someone who could create the appropriate item codes to actually sell an individual door. However, it's also possible that they would judge it not worth the time it would take to create the item listing, assign it a SKU, assign it a UPC and price it out. Not being part of the company, I don't know what would be involved in that.

However, we're also in the midst of major material shortages for things like glass and wood. It's also possible that they judged that they'd rather not make the sale to you if it meant having to do the extra work to sell you an extra door when they can still sell that aquarium without having to do extra work.

OP
OP
aprigging

aprigging

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their system is likely not set up to treat cabinet doors as a separate item, in much the same way that a car dealer is not set up to sell individual car doors as a separate item. It's an unusual ask to want an extra door to go along with your cabinet, so it hasn't been a priority for them to set things up to sell the doors individually. The CS agent likely couldn't have sold you an extra door if they had wanted to.

If it's the difference between making the sale or not, I would think that would be worth it for the CS agent to escalate up to someone who could create the appropriate item codes to actually sell an individual door. However, it's also possible that they would judge it not worth the time it would take to create the item listing, assign it a SKU, assign it a UPC and price it out. Not being part of the company, I don't know what would be involved in that.

However, we're also in the midst of major material shortages for things like glass and wood. It's also possible that they judged that they'd rather not make the sale to you if it meant having to do the extra work to sell you an extra door when they can still sell that aquarium without having to do extra work.
Never asked for it for free they told me we only sell doors if there is a damage claim. So that tells me they sell the doors but do not want my business. Never said I wanted it now if it took 6 months ok. FYI I bet if I walked into the jeep dealer and asked to by a new door they would sell me one.

Biokabe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never asked for it for free they told me we only sell doors if there is a damage claim. So that tells me they sell the doors but do not want my business. Never said I wanted it now if it took 6 months ok. FYI I bet if I walked into the jeep dealer and asked to by a new door they would sell me one.
Never said you were asking for it for free, I assumed you were wanting to buy it from your write up.

If they have the ability to send out doors in the case of a damage claim, but didn't want to just sell it to you - I'd agree, they don't really want your business. That tells me that they do have the ability to separate and ship them as an individual item, but for whatever reason have opted not to do so except in the case of a claim.

Unfortunately we're in a bit of a seller's market at the moment, so you're at the mercy of what businesses are willing to do for you. If an extra door is important to you (I'm curious why, but that's just me speaking), then you're going to have to shop around some until you can find someone willing to accommodate you. I can think of a few that almost certainly would (Glass Cages, Planet Aquarium), but they'll likely be more expensive than Waterbox would be.

It also probably wouldn't be that hard to make a spare door yourself, but I don't know what kind of woodworking tools and experience you have, so that might not be an option for you. Regardless, though - it's pretty clear that someone at Waterbox doesn't want your business.

>>klong<<

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m eyeing a Cade from Algaebarn. Aluminum stand, rear wall integrated 12g ato reservoir, pre-plumbed manifold;Happy

I have to buy a new house to fit it though :-(

OP
OP
aprigging

aprigging

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never said you were asking for it for free, I assumed you were wanting to buy it from your write up.

If they have the ability to send out doors in the case of a damage claim, but didn't want to just sell it to you - I'd agree, they don't really want your business. That tells me that they do have the ability to separate and ship them as an individual item, but for whatever reason have opted not to do so except in the case of a claim.

Unfortunately we're in a bit of a seller's market at the moment, so you're at the mercy of what businesses are willing to do for you. If an extra door is important to you (I'm curious why, but that's just me speaking), then you're going to have to shop around some until you can find someone willing to accommodate you. I can think of a few that almost certainly would (Glass Cages, Planet Aquarium), but they'll likely be more expensive than Waterbox would be.

It also probably wouldn't be that hard to make a spare door yourself, but I don't know what kind of woodworking tools and experience you have, so that might not be an option for you. Regardless, though - it's pretty clear that someone at Waterbox doesn't want your business.
I could or farm out the doors to be made just thought it would be easy to just have them sell me extra ones. The good news I called my local fish store that sells Water Box and they said not a problem we will order them with your tank we have done it before. Not sure why WB said no now

skydirt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can say that i have bought several Waterboxes and they are nice tanks for not being full custom. I wanted to buy just a tank without cabinet or sump but was also told that's not possible. I ended up buying it all anyway but wasn't happy about it.

thewedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck. I just got my 180.5 cycled and so far very happy. But if you're going to use the socks, think about a method for silencing the 2nd one. I had been nervous after seeing that some people had trouble putting the stand together but I had no issues and everything was labeled correctly. However I will say the directions were lacking. There's no writing to speak of and the diagrams are rather small.

Supa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I assume if they ever was to sell replacement doors/stands/sumps etc, their sales would increase over time. IMO

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 165 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.7%
Back