Wet salt?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

takayan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently ordered 2 KZ reef salts from you. When I opened the plastic bag of the salt, the salt is like a rock. I know the salt should be like a fine sand, I'm just wondering if the salt I got from you is wet inside.
9bf9bdb680a33e1a9fccbddf838e565d.jpg

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1, call, Jason and Chris are great, but ask first, was the bag sealed, if so, don't worry, put the hard pieces in a bag and hammer away, if you soak it, the salt will dissolve and break apart

OP
OP
T

takayan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I'll send an email to them. I used it in this morning, but the saltwater stays cloudy.

Tautog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok. I'll send an email to them. I used it in this morning, but the saltwater stays cloudy.
I forgot, BRS is closed on the weekend. What salt are you using?
Give your cloudy water some time

randyBRS

BRStv Host :-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @takayan !

Oh man, that looks pretty clumpy! I'm sorry you got a couple boxes like that. We'll definitely take a deeper look at that for you once our CS team is back in the office on Monday! I see you sent an email, which can take us some time to get through the ones that come in over the weekend. I'll make sure that they see your email and get to it first thing. Can you please shoot me a quick PM with your order# or email address for your BRS account? :)

Sometimes, during shipping, these get a small pinhole and ambient air (with moisture) gets in. Like the others have said, you should be able to use it without an issue. I would recommend breaking up the large clumps then mixing the bag very well to re-blend any separated chemicals. :)

Hear from you soon!

-Randy

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back