S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
can you get a fts I want to nominate this tank for tank of the month

At present, I am dealing with over abundance of asterina starfish and have transferred some show pieces to my 75 G tank.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 48
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 42
OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After consolidating desirables from two ornamental seaweed lagoon tank experiments set up for one year and removing less than desirables from this 5 year set up 120G mixed garden display with the combination of reverse flow undergravel filter and large cryptic refugium has allowed minimalistic operation. I am especially pleased that 5 year resident yellow tang & smaller 1 yr old blue tang have come to a mutually agreed detente. The addition of ten blue yellow-tail damsels and 5 clowns added much activity which eliminated focused aggression on an individual.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    186.9 KB · Views: 33
OP
OP
S

Subsea

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All inverts took a massive hit due to pump windings leaching copper into display. The pump that failed supplied reverse flow thru aragonite sand bed, which exacerbated the problem. This happened while I was away for two weeks. Not sure why the breaker did not trip, but epoxied wire pulled out of submersible pump motor, thus copper contamination. Every urchin and anemone is dead. Not sure about cryptic sponges but ornamental sponges are decimated. I increased circulation and added large HOB filter with activated carbon. I also added Caulerpa Prolifera from a macro tank and will add more.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 29

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back