diy wet dry filter for small fish tank

Simplelulu

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 6, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Rosemead
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Did wet dry filter for small fish tank. Easy for hang up tank. Put some fillter cotton in upper box, bio filter bio ball in bottom box... 10w pump is enough for my tank. 24" (60cm) x 14"(35cm) x 14"(35) cm.

pvc ot Diameter is 20mm,easy to installation, easy to add extension outlet tube if you want. Thanks for your review.

3.jpg 123.jpg 122.jpg
 
Yep great stuff if you can make it why spend lots on anything else . Fish keeping can be cheap making stuff yourself
 
Yep great stuff if you can make it why spend lots on anything else . Fish keeping can be cheap making stuff yourself
Thank you. Actually not cheap for making this filtration. I diy it because I didn't see similar product in this market. Most of filter for small tank is not efficient, just like a toy.
 
Simple clean design, I like it. Last pic looks like you added an emergency overflow in case filter floss gets clogged (short segment of vertical pipe), is that correct?
 
Filter cotton is normally put in upper box as Physical filtering. So I put an emergency overflow just you written in case filter floss gets clogged .
 
I Did wet dry filter for small fish tank. Easy for hang up tank. Put some fillter cotton in upper box, bio filter bio ball in bottom box... 10w pump is enough for my tank. 24" (60cm) x 14"(35cm) x 14"(35) cm.

pvc ot Diameter is 20mm,easy to installation, easy to add extension outlet tube if you want. Thanks for your review.

3.jpg 123.jpg 122.jpg
 
I Did wet dry filter for small fish tank. Easy for hang up tank. Put some fillter cotton in upper box, bio filter bio ball in bottom box... 10w pump is enough for my tank. 24" (60cm) x 14"(35cm) x 14"(35) cm.

pvc ot Diameter is 20mm,easy to installation, easy to add extension outlet tube if you want. Thanks for your review.

3.jpg 123.jpg 122.jpg
Do you have the directions on making this?
 
Do you have the directions on making this?
Now I only have pvc od 20mm on hand, which were left over from when I was trying to make a filter bottle.. you could change any size instead of it .It doesn't matter. plastic box I bought it in warehouse in Los angeles. I try to make more ,and see whether I could sell them...lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new