Wha is causing these spots on my mushroom?

TankYouVeryMuch

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 20, 2025
Messages
344
Reaction score
324
Location
Fayetteville, AR
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20250812_172652_42295634-B323-4244-9654-01B4F5DFB349.png


20250812_172654_ACDC6865-86A4-4CBD-8A95-A4F56172CC82.png

I’m lighting it with a flashlight to make it clearer. The spots have been increasing in number, but were there before the nearby torch was added (the angle makes them look closer together than they are, the tentacles don’t reach down that low yet).
 
can you take it out and dip it?
Yes, but not sure what to dip it in. Everything I’m seeing says flatworms tend to be dip resistant. The only thing really shown to be effective is Bayer (one guy dipped in Revive and it got a bunch, then he dipped in Bayer after that and it got at least twice as many). The mushrooms have crawled halfway off the fragile onto a rock and I don’t think dipping the rock in Bayer and putting it back in the tank is a good idea. Tempted to order some Salifert Flatworm eXit.
 
If flatworms are in your system, then I'm skeptical that dipping one coral will solve the problem. Look into using something like flatworm exit, get rid of them before they multiply.
 
When you removed the flatworms with the baster, did you remove the coral from the tank first? Otherwise, the problem may re-present itself
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 13.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 10 27.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 16.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new