Whale Dialects and Language

  • Thread starter Thread starter divecj5
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

divecj5

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 24, 2006
Messages
327
Reaction score
35
Location
Charleston, SC
What state or country do you live in
South Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering my marine science background and conservation-oriented mind :D...I found this finding pretty interesting. Although I knew that there were different songs per each whale, it's simply amazing that they have found out that there are different dialects for different groups in different regions of the oceans.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17501135/

Adam
 
Wow....love that second shot. Simply amazing capture you got there.

Pretty amazing and I didn't realize that the whales change their "tune" every year. I agree, there must be something going on when they all meet up in Alaska. Amazing and awe-inspiring creatures.

Thanks for sharing the pics.
 
How awesome! We're going to San Diego this weekend and I read that the whales are going through there around now. There are a lot of whale watching cruises and we'll probably go on one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new