What’s in a name?

Reefing102

#BattleCrew
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2021
Messages
5,252
Reaction score
7,749
Location
Central Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m curious what made you choose your username?

For me, I registered this username on RC back in the day, thinking I knew a lot so I’d be like a teacher and my username was like a college class…ha boy was I wrong. But it stuck and I carried it over here just for recognition purposes.

So what’s behind your username choice?
 
kittenbritches is an obscure Stephen King reference. I use it on Twitter and IG, and didn't have any clever reef names jump out at me. Consistency in branding is never a bad thing, for all four people who pay attention to me. Haha.
 
Mine is from Japanese origin "Mibu Roshigumi". A pretty political name. So, no history lessons here.

​

 
kittenbritches is an obscure Stephen King reference. I use it on Twitter and IG, and didn't have any clever reef names jump out at me. Consistency in branding is never a bad thing, for all four people who pay attention to me. Haha.
What is the reference? I have read every Stephen King book and I have no idea which book this came from lol.
 
Wow, that IS obscure lol. Not one of my favorite books from him for sure :)
I was a big fan of how it tied into the Dark Tower series, IT, Black House, etc. The overlap from book to book is really cool.
 
I was a big fan of how it tied into the Dark Tower series, IT, Black House, etc. The overlap from book to book is really cool.
The Dark Tower books are by far my favorite from him. I just finished Billy Summers which I thought was ok. Doesn't compare to his older stuff though (IT, The Stand, Pet Semetary, etc.)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new