What’s in your sock?

Bob Lauson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 31, 2017
Messages
432
Reaction score
718
Location
Ada, MI
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I stir the sand (not a deep bed) to keep it looking decent. I usually kick up a few things that end up in my filter socks including worms. What’s the weirdest thing you found in your socks?
EAC09339-B83E-44A1-89F9-B3EC78E0FB16.jpeg
 
Always those dang worms... most surprising was I had been looking for my yellow coris and while there decided to change filter socks. A lot of times I don't dump them when I throw in bucket but I did and my red velvet wrasse came flying out. Sometimes fish get into my overflow but first time one managed to navigate the plumbing and end up in a sock. Overflow and socks have worms so he was a little beat up and looked like he got a mouthful of cactus with a fat lower lip. Many weeks later and finally all healed up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new