What’s my bubble coral doing?

hexcolor reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 28, 2023
Messages
1,004
Reaction score
552
Location
Aussie
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seen these fibers on the side of my bubble coral skeleton for a few days now and it’s growing and branching out each day.
today it’s doing this bloated thing after I removed an anemone from the tank.

can anyone confirm if this is how coral start to grow its skeleton and should I start adding more calcium?
I’ve been going heavy with feeding reef roids and liking the growth
1C702698-F501-42E7-8DBE-FF4B08A8F3E6.jpeg 05380F24-7077-4397-92A5-9F670FC50490.jpeg B7443C4E-AB7A-46EA-B46B-D93A0C694489.jpeg
 
This is not how they grow a new branch. I think that branch is a hydroid perhaps?
Ufc 211 No GIF by UFC

Music Video Brazil GIF by Ryn Dean
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new