View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you had to choose by far what layout Sump is best:
A eshopps AR-200 or a
Sapphire trigger 34 sump?
And why
Personally I like the trigger sump that’s what I have. Lot more room for equipment and in my opinion just built better.

OP
OP
Lex_510

Lex_510

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I like the trigger sump that’s what I have. Lot more room for equipment and in my opinion just built better.
So how do you feel about the trigger built in roller mat. You think it’s worth upgrading from which I have a eshopps AR200. There’s a used trigger platinum-39 asking $600 but don’t feel like getting it unless it’s a good move and will do more as filter or benefit from my eshopps

w8lifts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So how do you feel about the trigger built in roller mat. You think it’s worth upgrading from which I have a eshopps AR200. There’s a used trigger platinum-39 asking $600 but don’t feel like getting it unless it’s a good move and will do more as filter or benefit from my eshopps
I just had a conversation with someone over our issues with the roller mat.

FSP

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Eshopps one seems really goofy with a tiny return section, Trigger one seems less goofy but with a still-small-but-slightly-bigger return section. I think trying to fit so much in a small sump leads to a lot of compromises.

Similar footprint, cheaper and (imo) better would be a basic 40 gal breeder. Call a glass shop and get a 9" baffle (and a 12" if you want a sump fuge) from 1/4" glass.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back