Protein Skimmer Help!

dellinwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m having trouble getting my protein skimmer to function. I have a Eshopps S200 skimmer in a trigger sump. It just overflows instantly. Let it run for 10 days to break in, tried 7”, 9”, low air, high air, ect but the only way to keep it from over foaming instantly is to have it at 3” of water. What am I missing??

For what it’s worth phosphate is only at .25 and the tank is 4.5months old

Doctorgori

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatI do when my skimmer is overflowing like crazy is just let it go. In fact it’s happening right now and poses a water change opportunity …I just output the overflow into a bucket

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whatI do when my skimmer is overflowing like crazy is just let it go. In fact it’s happening right now and poses a water change opportunity …I just output the overflow into a bucket
This. For example last night i was removing zoas from my tank. Skimmer overflowed for over 2 hours.

OP
OP
D

dellinwood

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the water gate is all the way open and air is turned down, I would raise it. 5-6” is more the norm over 8-9”.
The sump is currently 9” so I’ll lower it back to 7” then put it up on the diy stand and let it run for several days. Thanks for the help!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 42 22.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 62 33.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 32.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back