What’s the difference?

Chela101

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I’m always online trying to see what I can add to my all in one reef tank, with the limited space I have.. with that being said, I was asking myself how do I know chaeto or chaetomorpha is clean and healthy? Or you just go off with the name they put on it for better marketing? Meaning like a placebo effect, to just make the client happy and think we just got the best out the best…

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are certain pests, such as aiptasia, that can be visually identified and removed from a small ball of chaeto like you would receive from a vendor.

Upvote 0

Badboyan93l

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are certain pests, such as aiptasia, that can be visually identified and removed from a small ball of chaeto like you would receive from a vendor.
You are correct, if you can visibly see it than and can remove it and it’s all good doesn’t matter were you get your stuff from (talking about algae). I believe it’s difficult for Protozoa, eggs etc to settle in algae. They have a higher chance in reproducing in crevices such as rocks sand…

Upvote 0

a007grif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have bought stuff from LFS and like others said it usually has other things living in it, not what I want! have purchased from AlgaeBarn and its hit or miss based on who they sourced it from that week. I found a couple places that I stick with and know what I am getting and my systems have been stable/clean and I have been happier as a result.

I also agree most vendors seem to use marketing ploys/catchy names to get people to buy, just do your research and ask others for proven results; especially here on R2R. :)

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 161 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back