What’s up with me torch

  • Thread starter Thread starter Benhuan
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Benhuan

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 16, 2017
Messages
133
Reaction score
51
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Can someone tell what’s up with my toxic green torch? It was fine around 1 hr ago but suddenly it’s turned into this...
(Turned my lights off)
Thanks!

image.jpg
 
How are your water parameters right now? How long have you had that torch? What is the flow like in that area? Did you dip it before you put it in the tank to get rid of any pests? Do you notice any brown gunk or tissue loss?
 
How are your water parameters right now? How long have you had that torch? What is the flow like in that area? Did you dip it before you put it in the tank to get rid of any pests? Do you notice any brown gunk or tissue loss?
I did a water test earlier and everything was normal. As for when I got it, it was around 3 months ago and I did dip it when I first got it I forget which dip I used tho. The flow in that area is indirectly medium to high (no power head is directly pointing there) and my hammer and other torch seem to love it there. I did notice my clown pick at it first perhaps that why it went like this?
 
It does look like it’s healing no?

image.jpg
 
Mine does that once in a while. Especially when my shrimp climb over it. It probably just got irritated by something. Your torch is not "healing" as you said earlier. It retracts in, when it feels like it's in danger and normally extends again an an hour or so. I'd be concernced if it stayed like that the whole day.
 
Inflation/deflation is normal among LPS corals. I would keep an eye on that coral where it's at, sometimes euphyllia do not play nice even if they are the same species.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 20 22.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 29.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 6 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new