What’s up with me torch

Benhuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,
Can someone tell what’s up with my toxic green torch? It was fine around 1 hr ago but suddenly it’s turned into this...
(Turned my lights off)
Thanks!

image.jpg

El_Guapo13

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your water parameters right now? How long have you had that torch? What is the flow like in that area? Did you dip it before you put it in the tank to get rid of any pests? Do you notice any brown gunk or tissue loss?

OP
OP
B

Benhuan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are your water parameters right now? How long have you had that torch? What is the flow like in that area? Did you dip it before you put it in the tank to get rid of any pests? Do you notice any brown gunk or tissue loss?
I did a water test earlier and everything was normal. As for when I got it, it was around 3 months ago and I did dip it when I first got it I forget which dip I used tho. The flow in that area is indirectly medium to high (no power head is directly pointing there) and my hammer and other torch seem to love it there. I did notice my clown pick at it first perhaps that why it went like this?

huckjai

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine does that once in a while. Especially when my shrimp climb over it. It probably just got irritated by something. Your torch is not "healing" as you said earlier. It retracts in, when it feels like it's in danger and normally extends again an an hour or so. I'd be concernced if it stayed like that the whole day.

DSC reef

Coral wasted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Inflation/deflation is normal among LPS corals. I would keep an eye on that coral where it's at, sometimes euphyllia do not play nice even if they are the same species.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 30.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back