What’s up with NEPTUNE?!

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since July 8th, post water change, my APEX Graphed Charts primarily Salinity PH and Temp have all charted like a 2yr old took over using an Etch A Sketch. It looks chaotic, and I’m not feeling the look. I didn’t perform anything other than a simple water change - so I can rule out personal tinkering.. Was there an update to the software recently that adjusted the charting method; or did I potentially change a setting? Also I keep the same temp schedule in my place daily.

1st image below is the chart prior to my July 8th water change (preferred view) 2nd is after the water change, and the final is what #2 looks like from the dashboard - - what happened?!!
BD5DBAEC-34A8-4E78-88E7-E8551C1B20D1.png

8A9F5B88-B748-4FDC-9192-B6A065680B1F.png

E7C83E53-CE75-4EE3-BB4D-D4194F01CBFE.png

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So since July 8th, post water change, my APEX Graphed Charts primarily Salinity PH and Temp have all charted like a 2yr old took over using an Etch A Sketch. It looks chaotic, and I’m not feeling the look. I didn’t perform anything other than a simple water change - so I can rule out personal tinkering.. Was there an update to the software recently that adjusted the charting method; or did I potentially change a setting? Also I keep the same temp schedule in my place daily.

1st image below is the chart prior to my July 8th water change (preferred view) 2nd is after the water change, and the final is what #2 looks like from the dashboard - - what happened?!!
BD5DBAEC-34A8-4E78-88E7-E8551C1B20D1.png

8A9F5B88-B748-4FDC-9192-B6A065680B1F.png

E7C83E53-CE75-4EE3-BB4D-D4194F01CBFE.png
Looks like the 1st day was cooler, so your heater was heating, the tank cooled then heated again, with the regular sawtooth.
2nd day looks like ambient was warmer, so temp only came on a few times and mostly wavered around 78.

OP
OP
BoxKing

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But image one vs image two appear like two different systems all together, regardless of a subtle ambient temp change - the temp changes in image one are reflected in a stepped format unlike the second.

The consistency in the graphing in image one is due to my room temperature control, which never changes, so what caused the graph appearance to change? My average temp read outs are the same day to day… so I’m not concerned that my temp isn’t holding… its the aesthetics of it all - but it leaves me curious as to how this could have occurred in the first place, and I really don’t want to all support.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
But image one vs image two appear like two different systems all together, regardless of a subtle ambient temp change - the temp changes in image one are reflected in a stepped format unlike the second.

The consistency in the graphing in image one is due to my room temperature control, which never changes, so what caused the graph appearance to change? My average temp read outs are the same day to day… so I’m not concerned that my temp isn’t holding… its the aesthetics of it all - but it leaves me curious as to how this could have occurred in the first place, and I really don’t want to all support.
Pistondog hit it on the head it’s all from ambient temp of the area around the room. The highs and lows are the same only different is how often heater turns on. I understand does not look so good to the eye but it is what it is

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the 1st day was cooler, so your heater was heating, the tank cooled then heated again, with the regular sawtooth.
2nd day looks like ambient was warmer, so temp only came on a few times and mostly wavered around 78.
required. The graph scales are different since temp extremes on day 1 were larger.
Apex salinity sensing is very temp dependent, so this also explains that reading difference.
Have you calibrated your salinity and turned on temp compensation?

OP
OP
BoxKing

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only have one heater, and my Salinity probe was calibrated with 2.2 TC Factor in Apex Local.
If the graph is just going to show like this from now on then that’s fine, as long as I know there is nothing I can do to revert it back to the view form every week prior.

With respect to the ambient temp in the room slightly fluctuating through the day… its not like this all of a sudden occurred the day of my water change, as of the 9th its been viewing like this- and of course all the prior weeks I had virtually identical ambient variations - nothing at all with my environment could have caused the graph lines to begin a sloping measure vs stepped. Guess dems da breaks and Ill cope for now

OP
OP
BoxKing

BoxKing

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last thoughts with regards to influence of temps to the graph… Two weeks ago I placed my CO2 scrubber line outside. Could the air pulled into the skimmer during these extreemly hot and humid days here in the Philly area be causing the graph change?

Pistondog

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last thoughts with regards to influence of temps to the graph… Two weeks ago I placed my CO2 scrubber line outside. Could the air pulled into the skimmer during these extreemly hot and humid days here in the Philly area be causing the graph change?
No, not enough thermal mass in skimmer air to have an effect.

Back