What’s with this clam?

  • Thread starter Thread starter VR28man
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

VR28man

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 16, 2017
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
1,039
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve done a fairly thorough search, but I’m not finding what might be wrong with this clam. Any ideas? It has a few areas on the mantle, as you can see, like the one circled in red.

It’s mantle regularly opens to the size for most the day, And you quickly retracts if it detects my hand over it. It also has been growing in this tank for several months. and, in fairness, it’s had this problem for a while, but I’ve sort of not paid attention to it until now. But it otherwise seems healthy.

(Yes, and that is a Monti cap frag that I glued to the side of the shell)

IMG_0050.JPG
 
Clams often have marking like that on their mantles. Nothing to worry about it looks like, the mantles can have all sorts of marking and random blotches.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 23.1%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 5.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new