What’s wrong with apex code?

ryewalk84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is missing from my code?

I am trying to get my skimmer to stop turning on when power is restored so it won’t overflow. Here is what my code currently is. When power is restored everything turns back on instantly. The apex will then cut power to everything and begin to boot up but my skimmer ALWAYS comes back on immediately. Due to the level in the sump it fills the collection cup every time.

Set OFF
Fallback OFF
If Output Return_pump = ON Then ON
Defer 004:00 Then ON
If Power EB8_1 Off 000 Then OFF
If Power EB8_2 Off 000 Then OFF
If Time 18:30 to 19:00 Then OFF

jent

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
000 Then OFF is indicating to turn back on immediately when the power is restored. This value is in minutes so 001 or 002 is likely sufficient.

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know this doesn't help right now, but getting a break out box and float switch solves this whole issue. I have two float switches connected to my skimmer, one in the sump that shuts it off when I feed (return slows down) or when I do a water change and the water level rises. The other is in the skim mate locker and prevents the skimmer from draining too much water if it ever overflows with skim mate or the skimmer goes crazy for some reason.
In your code, I think you can change the order of fallback and set and remove the return pump line, which seems redundant?
This is what I have, but you could use the return pump line a little differently?
Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Sw1 OPEN Then OFF
If Sw6 OPEN Then OFF

Fallback OFF
Set ON
If Output Return_pump = Off Then Off
Defer 000.002 Then On
followed by your Power code.

OP
OP
R

ryewalk84

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
000 Then OFF is indicating to turn back on immediately when the power is restored. This value is in minutes so 001 or 002 is likely sufficient.

This worked for the 2nd time it power cycles but not for the first. The apex turns everything on. Lights powerheads and all my pumps. Once the brain powers up it’ll then kill the power and it’s functioning like I want it to. Is this something that I just have to deal with or is it a glitch somewhere?

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back