Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Salinity: 1.030
Alkalinity: 7.0
Magnesium: 1470
Calcium: 300
Nitrate:0
Nitrate at zero is a real bad number.
Corals (all life) needs trace nitrate and phosphate in the waters at all times and stable.
If you trust your test result of zero, then bump that nitrate into a number in the 5-15ppm range with something like neo nitro and you’ll need to measure phosphate as well and ensure it’s in the 0.05-.15ppm range and stable, Neo phos can help you with that, but I’ve only seen Accurate results with either the Hanna
phosphate or Hanna phosphorus meters.

CA is low, should be 420-450ppm
Alks ok if your running 7dkh, however, at this level there’s no room for error, much lower and it will be an issue.

There’s no shame in running 9-10dkh which allows for some flux, even though any flux in this is not helpful.

1.030 should be 1.025 or 1.026 or 34-35ppt.

Make any changes slowly, over weeks and move towards absolute stability.

Make sure your running an ATO to maintain SG as variances here make all else out.

Some corals will tolerate some change, some, no so much, I find hammers, one of those, no so much guys.

Last edited:

eliaslikesfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate at zero is a real bad number.
Corals (all life) needs trace nitrate and phosphate in the waters at all times and stable.
If you trust your test result of zero, then bump that nitrate into a number in the 5-15ppm range with something like neo nitro and you’ll need to measure phosphate as well and ensure it’s in the 0.05-.15ppm range and stable, Neo phos can help you with that, but I’ve only seen Accurate results with either the Hanna
phosphate or Hanna phosphorus meters.

CA is low, should be 420-450ppm
Alks ok if your running 7dkh, however, at this level there’s no room for error, much lower and it will be an issue.

There’s no shame in running 9-10dkh which allows for some flux, even though any flux in this is not helpful.

1.030 should be 1.025 or 1.026 or 34-35ppt.

Make any changes slowly, over weeks and move towards absolute stability.

Make sure your running an ATO to maintain SG as variances here make all else out.

Some corals will tolerate some change, some, no so much, I find hammers, one of those, no so much guys.
this^

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 80.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back