What’s wrong with my LPS??

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started to lose my LPS one by one. Most by polyps bail out :(
What’s wrong with this torch? The white tissue around it started to breaking down. Is this STN?
salinity 1.026
Alk 8.92
Cal 476
Mag 1437

I feed my corals once a week. Carefully feed my fish two times per day 8E7EBF10-41E7-4263-A50E-FB9C429D6DC1.jpeg

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PH?

Also have they been doing well before this turn to bad? If so how long have then been good?

Lastly, got a full tank shot? Want to get an idea of tank condition overall.

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PH?

Also have they been doing well before this turn to bad? If so how long have then been good?

Lastly, got a full tank shot? Want to get an idea of tank condition overall.
Ph 8.3

They have been in my tank for months.

What’s this white fuzzy around this torch? I dipped in revive yesterday.

60AA38A8-8960-4640-9F63-B5D0B31CF3A1.jpeg

here is FTS as per your request:
A8B7F2FB-E019-477F-A98F-910391F77B00.jpeg

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another thread about white fuzz that no one seems to know the reason.

Dkmoo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank overall looks pretty good with decent coraline growth and feeding fish 2x a day - target feeding should be enough nutrients Plus the healthy amount of algae growing suggests the tank is not nutrient starved. Whats ur no3/po4 levels and have they swung a lot since your problem happened.

The white fuzziness could be bacterial - that one strand in the left thats reaching the bone also looks like a Digitate hydroid. I know they sting corals. I Dont know if the white fuzzies are the cause if the coral struggle or an effect of it since they do grow more in rotting flesh.

If you already dipped then probsbly just want to keep it in low flow area and pray.

If its a bacterial infection then im not sure how I can help. Thats one area i havent had to deal with.

Good luck

OP
OP
canadianeh

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the tank overall looks pretty good with decent coraline growth and feeding fish 2x a day - target feeding should be enough nutrients Plus the healthy amount of algae growing suggests the tank is not nutrient starved. Whats ur no3/po4 levels and have they swung a lot since your problem happened.

The white fuzziness could be bacterial - that one strand in the left thats reaching the bone also looks like a Digitate hydroid. I know they sting corals. I Dont know if the white fuzzies are the cause if the coral struggle or an effect of it since they do grow more in rotting flesh.

If you already dipped then probsbly just want to keep it in low flow area and pray.

If its a bacterial infection then im not sure how I can help. Thats one area i havent had to deal with.

Good luck
I lost most of my torch and other euphylia already. Started with brown jelly. Left with only three torch now. :(

my po4 probably swung a lot as I am still trying to balance the GFO and feeding. Nitrate not sure. Before I ran out Nitrate test kit , they were around 5-10 ppm. But I did have hair algae outbreak. It is better now. my Po4 within 1 week spike from 0.009 to 0.089. I don’t know why. I have been feeding carefully twice a day with pellets. I did blow my rocks with turkey baster off. Could it release po4 ?

Back