What a couple days!!!!ugh!

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 2 days ago I noticed hair algae in a few spots so I start to manually remove it. Annoying but it happens... last night I go to move one of my colonies of anacropora bc it was getting really close to my wwc blue ice acro(I keep them on plugs to remove from rocks easier) well it popped off and when it did i knocked the rock over (they were epoxied in place 3 years ago) when that happend I damaged 3 acros, not too bad but it scrapped them up pretty good... took a while but got it all back In place... and this am....yup not done yet... I look at my tank and see my water level is 2 inches low in the tank... weird bc everything is powered up. Well the return pump failed during the night. Was super hot and my sump was 92° than god the display wasnt affected by that and the powerheads kept the water circulating.

Thank god I had another pump set up and ready to be swapped out in an emergency like this. I syphoned out out the sump water and replaced with new clean water and replaced all my reator media while I was there(gfo was depleted, obviously by the presence of gha)

So I guess the moral of the story Is to be prepared, this could have been a really bad end to a really frustrating few days.

End of rant. Ugh. Is it too early for a drink?!?

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So 2 days ago I noticed hair algae in a few spots so I start to manually remove it. Annoying but it happens... last night I go to move one of my colonies of anacropora bc it was getting really close to my wwc blue ice acro(I keep them on plugs to remove from rocks easier) well it popped off and when it did i knocked the rock over (they were epoxied in place 3 years ago) when that happend I damaged 3 acros, not too bad but it scrapped them up pretty good... took a while but got it all back In place... and this am....yup not done yet... I look at my tank and see my water level is 2 inches low in the tank... weird bc everything is powered up. Well the return pump failed during the night. Was super hot and my sump was 92° than god the display wasnt affected by that and the powerheads kept the water circulating.

Thank god I had another pump set up and ready to be swapped out in an emergency like this. I syphoned out out the sump water and replaced with new clean water and replaced all my reator media while I was there(gfo was depleted, obviously by the presence of gha)

So I guess the moral of the story Is to be prepared, this could have been a really bad end to a really frustrating few days.

End of rant. Ugh. Is it too early for a drink?!?
Not if you call it a Mimosa :) good save!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Healthy reminder. Thanks for sharing!

SeaDweller

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Always have spares.

Monday, my CaRx recirc pump died. Luckily I had a new back up lying around but had to wait all day to fix it. Then I fixed it. Only to have the uniseal on the CaRx leak. Luckily I quickly fixed that too, with new uniseals in the mail coming today.

Back