What a difference a week makes!

salinity now

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 1, 2024
Messages
154
Reaction score
85
Location
Topeka KS
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week ago I was undergoing a tank crash with the death of my favorite Tang and others. Today I am restocking with a new skimmer as I have stabilized the parameters. . Since I started two years ago I've had a glass top on my tank. I finally removed it to accommodate the skimmer. Man, I had no idea how much heat that thing kept in my tank. The chiller not only didn't come on all day with temps in the 100's but this morning I had to reset my heater as it was a bit cool. My guess is the carbon dioxide hand-off was restricted and the light was filtered as well. Onward through the fog.
 
Glad to see you're back on track now 🙂
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new