What a difference a year makes

melanotaenia

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 24, 2019
Messages
540
Reaction score
617
Location
Manhattan
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Was browsing through some older photos from last fall after taking a few photos this week and noticed that some of these sticks have really gotten big. I really need a bigger tank! Lost a few Acans along the way, never found out why, but everything now is doing well.

October 1 2019
IMG_1554.JPG


October 5 2020
IMG_2099 2.JPG


Specs:
RSR 170
Deltec Skimmer
Ecotech G4 and two AI Prime HD on about 60%
GHL dosing
Weekly water changes, TM Pro
After the MP10 did not like the sand, I gradually removed, now thinking about a montipora bottom.

Cheers!
 
Last edited:
Was browsing through some older photos from last fall after taking a few photos this week and noticed that some of these sticks have really gotten big. I really need a bigger tank! Lost a few Acans along the way, never found out why, but everything now is doing well.

October 1 2019
IMG_1554.JPG


October 5 2020
IMG_2099 2.JPG


Specs:
RSR 170
Deltec Skimmer
Ecotech G4 and two AI Prime HD on about 60%
GHL dosing
Weekly water changes, TM Pro

Cheers!
Looks great!
 
Thanks!

The only downside to Acros is they need the flow, and MP10 and sand don't seem to mix well. Hopefully one day I can have more space for a larger tank because I really want to grow some larger colonies. I have kept reefs since the 1990's but this is my first full blown high tech SPS build.
 
Awesome tank! Acans can be weird. When I worked at my LFS it seemed like every other year we would lose a few Acan colonies for no reason. Looking forward to seeing the tank in another year!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 12 36.4%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 6 18.2%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.1%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.0%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new