What a Fish Goes through Before we get Him

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul B
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Oh yeah, they know and recognize, when i approach, they do the feed me thing, but when other people approach, they do the panic swim thing and sometimes hide....
 
I hope all of the aquarium trade doesn't ever have an impact on the natural reefs in the ocean, and I'm pretty sure most people here would agree. If you think about it, if people were very responsible fish owners, the aquarium trade shouldn't be near as big as it is, because people wouldn't need to keep buying fish to replace their dead ones.
 
Paul good story, if you want to make it better next time add pictures of your supermodel friends that will make it a top ten on the New York best seller list! :rolleyes:
 
Wowkingjames, the Supermodel is usually taking the pictures. :p

They are just fish and I eat fish almost every day. All through history, people ate fish, much of the world lives off of fish. Jesus ate fish, Moses ate fish, Lady GaGa probably eats fish, or wears them. :rolleyes:
I don't name them, sleep with them or take them out to dinner. I keep them as a hobby and eat them, nothing more. I don't abuse them if I can help it just like I don't step on every bug I see just because it's a bug. If fish were smarter, cuter and could walk on carpets we would use them to get our slippers, but we don't. It's a hobby and we are all in it.
Fish in my tank almost always die of old age. So I do my part to take good care of them, when they die, I flush them and buy another one. I don't think they know me even though some of them text me. ;Smuggrin
That fireclown is about 25 years old. That's the way he looks when he smiles.

 
That is a very old tang. It is common for clowns to live for 25 or 30 years but a tang is probably a record.
 
Do you think these guys are outgrowing their tank? That may be why the corals are suffering. :rolleyes:

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new