acan4.png

What 1 is your fav i think 4 is my fav what is urs

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I guess I should add some comment on why. They all look cool. 2 is really great color, but honestly you could get a red cynarina for maybe slightly cheaper for a similar look and color. 3 and 4 are my favorite of the colors available, the reason why I went with three is due to more red in the color scheme which will be more striking in the aquarium. War paint colors are great as well though, which is really number 4. #3 I'd think is a reverse warpaint/superman coloration which is bright.

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
interesting how no 1 has voted for 1 as it is the most expensive out of the lot i wonder why they have it as the most expensive nr 4 is actually the cheapest

OP
OP

2020 Worst Year

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should add some comment on why. They all look cool. 2 is really great color, but honestly you could get a red cynarina for maybe slightly cheaper for a similar look and color. 3 and 4 are my favorite of the colors available, the reason why I went with three is due to more red in the color scheme which will be more striking in the aquarium. War paint colors are great as well though, which is really number 4. #3 I'd think is a reverse warpaint/superman coloration which is bright.
you might have changed my mind on 3 i think it would probs look better under reef lights than 4 cause the light it blue and coral is blue

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
interesting how no 1 has voted for 1 as it is the most expensive out of the lot i wonder why they have it as the most expensive nr 4 is actually the cheapest
I'd guess it is just due to how common that color morph is. 4 is a common color morph, I haven't seen too many like 1. That does drive price, but at the same time that shouldn't be what influences what YOU like. I've seen gold glitter acanthos go for a ton because again they are uncommon, but by no means would I ever care for that color combo.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
you might have changed my mind on 3 i think it would probs look better under reef lights than 4 cause the light it blue and coral is blue
I don't know where you are buying it from, but check out the videos on some of the colors offered here https://www.corals.com/?product_cat=&s=acantho&post_type=product
The videos really help you see what they would look like in the tank, the one with more purples and blues would be more like 4. You'll see exactly what you mentioned that those colors blend in with the lighting where the reds stand out.

That is why red cynarinas are the most expensive color morph for that type of coral. Acanthos have limited collection rules so they are always expensive, but rarity of the collected color really drives price. That doesn't mean it's the best looking, but opinions are specific to those that hold them.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 40.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back