What am I doing wrong here? Par meter help.

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dirtyshoez
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dirtyshoez

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2025
Messages
266
Reaction score
130
Location
San Antonio
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I purchased an sq-520 and the par was so low I figured it was a bad sensor. Went back and forth with Apogee and didn't get anywhere, nothing bad about the service just couldn't seem to figure out why I was getting par of 12 or something ridiculous, hence why I was thinking.. there's no way.... so I sent my meter back and waiting for a replacement. But I rented an mq-510 and this is what i got.. so now im not blaming the sensor and before I get mad at my lights I'm calling user error so can anyone help that has experience with this parmeter.

Apologies on the blue light but if you can't see im just below water surface and it says 5... which i know is no way in hell or my coral would not look as happy as it is.

Screenshot_20251205_154832_Dalua Ecosystem.jpg 20251205_154910.jpg 20251205_154912.jpg
 
Can you take a picture of the probe exactly how you are using it but close up under normal light? I can’t really tell in your picture but maybe you left the protective cover on.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new