OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you checked your par?? Could be waaaaay too much. I checked a locals here with a t5 fixture 10” off the water and it was 600 par
No I haven’t check it out. I will have to borrow one from the club to see where it is at or buy one. I have a buddy that has 12 on his 300g tank and he grows acros like crazy.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your no3? You will want some for acros. Also I agree with the others get your alk down to 7.5ish. Currently my tank is running at 6.7 however my target is 7.3. Small slow changes are best. If your po4 is outta line you maybe no3 limited, or you could run some gfo. Only use a small amount as to not strip the water to fast. What do you have for flow?

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is your no3? You will want some for acros. Also I agree with the others get your alk down to 7.5ish. Currently my tank is running at 6.7 however my target is 7.3. Small slow changes are best. If your po4 is outta line you maybe no3 limited, or you could run some gfo. Only use a small amount as to not strip the water to fast. What do you have for flow?
Mp40 and maxspect gyre 250. I also have a jaboe pump that comes on to get the stuff on the bottom multiple times a day.

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know it’s not a good testing kit but it is what I have. I also just tested my po4 and it’s at .04. Down from yesterday of .11. I did just turn off my gfo.

1C2516A4-CAB7-4A5E-BB4B-9840F85C9467.jpeg

Charlie’s Frags

Follow me on Instagram @Charlies Frags
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No I haven’t check it out. I will have to borrow one from the club to see where it is at or buy one. I have a buddy that has 12 on his 300g tank and he grows acros like crazy.
I don’t doubt your buddy has them growing like crazy but their set up will have completely different par numbers than you

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just tested them and you can see they aren’t too high. .04 phosphates. I also did a water change and did have carbon running. And didn’t feed the fish yesterday.

652CE0C0-3340-4ABA-88B5-57E4EF00E8B4.jpeg

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d bring the alk down. Grab a good no3 test kit. Your tank is looking pretty good. Acros can be a challenge. I do know this, my acros love fish poop.
any recommendations on a good kit. I know the api isn’t good but it not that far off form. I did turn down my reactor to bring it closer to 8.5. I think that will be better. I also did turn off my carbon and gfo.

Skynyrd Fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I feel it might be time for an ATI water test. It will also check your ro water. There is nothing really shouting out at me about your water. Alk is higher than I like, but that’s it. The water test is also a good baseline to see what’s happening with your water.

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I feel it might be time for an ATI water test. It will also check your ro water. There is nothing really shouting out at me about your water. Alk is higher than I like, but that’s it. The water test is also a good baseline to see what’s happening with your water.
Well, i
Changed out my probe on my rodi water maker which I thought was bad, but it actually was not reading anything bad. I tested with a tds meter as well to make sure and it was .000. I change out my carbon and prefilter every 3-4 months. Ro, I change out 1 time a year and I have two of them. Di I change when I start getting 1ppm and it won’t go down.

OP
OP
scabbedwings616

scabbedwings616

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tip burn in a tank with high alk and low nitrate is pretty normal. You either need to bring the alk lower, or feed your corals more.
I can feed them and lower to balance it out. I like that idea. I just worry about the phosphates going back up and chasing the numbers with this. Lowering the dkh is what my plan is. I think you are right with the higher dkh and lower nitrate.

Back