What are common disease that hawk fish get

DEE’S reef

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 17, 2026
Messages
611
Reaction score
230
Location
warren, mi
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’m planning on getting a long nose hawkfish next week what diseases. Should I look for when I quarantine him. Like what are common diseases hawkfish get that I should look out for.
 
So I’m planning on getting a long nose hawkfish next week what diseases. Should I look for when I quarantine him. Like what are common diseases hawkfish get that I should look out for.

Longnose hawks are prone to internal issues. Watch for swollen or discolored belly or a really thin belly. Be sure it’s eating well.

They can get ich, velvet and especially flukes, but don’t get Uronema or Brooklynella.
 
ok so feed them some small amounts of mysids shrimp and they’ll be fine.
Also jay do you think it’s smart to quarantine two fish together the one I want to quarantine together are a long nose hawk and a six line wrasse or should I quarantine them separately @Jay Hemdal
 
ok so feed them some small amounts of mysids shrimp and they’ll be fine.
Also jay do you think it’s smart to quarantine two fish together the one I want to quarantine together are a long nose hawk and a six line wrasse or should I quarantine them separately @Jay Hemdal

After the hawk is eating well on mysids, you do need to broaden its diet a bit. Other foods are less easily accepted, but their added nutrients are important; small sinking pellets like New Life Spectrum, or even shaved down bits of frozen food mix.

You can quarantine those two species together:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/current-quarantine-protocol.825055/
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new