What are my clowns doing??

The_Barrs_Reef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 6, 2020
Messages
159
Reaction score
49
Location
Rowlett, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried to get a good video but they get shy lol. But the bigger on seems to be nipping at the smaller one. These clowns were raised together and I've personally had them for 6 months with no issues so just curious..
 

Attachments

  • 20200525_201819.mp4
    28.8 MB
They are probably determining dominance. The bigger one is female and therefore in charge. She nips and badgers the little one to let him know she is king. It’s normal clownfish behavior. I wouldn’t be too worried. Mine do it all the time
 
They are probably determining dominance. The bigger one is female and therefore in charge. She nips and badgers the little one to let him know she is king. It’s normal clownfish behavior. I wouldn’t be too worried. Mine do it all the time
I always thought the bigger one would be the male... guess I should rename them lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new