What are some good LFS's in SoCal?

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved to Costa Mesa and want to know what's everyone's favorite LFS in the area. I've been to seaside and they have an awesome collection of fish and an alright selection of coral.

PS. Are there any active FB groups for socal reefkeeping?

Bigbaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can make the drive up to Anaheim, stop by Amazing Aquariums and Reefs and Reef Lounge. Also, Cali Kid is worth the drive.

boacvh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to many so far in OC. Seaside is my favorite. Reef lounge has an amazing diversity of corals. Haven't been to many in LA or San Diego

OP
OP
bryanfuel

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you can make the drive up to Anaheim, stop by Amazing Aquariums and Reefs and Reef Lounge. Also, Cali Kid is worth the drive.

I was planning on doing a Coral Gazers / Amazing A&R / Reef Lounge / 2 Guys Coral trip today, but Amazing doesn't open till 2pm :rolleyes:

OP
OP
bryanfuel

bryanfuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to many so far in OC. Seaside is my favorite. Reef lounge has an amazing diversity of corals. Haven't been to many in LA or San Diego

I like seaside a lot for their fish and inverts but their coral selection was a bit limited for me.

Bigbaby

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef lounge should be a good one for you. Great selection and prices. Amazing A&R is a bit smaller, but the owner Ali is an awesome dude and has beautiful tanks so it's worth it if you have the time. I'm not too sure about 2 guys. They have a bad rep so I never bothered to go there, ever. Lol

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We go to Age of Aquariums in Long Beach. Dan and his team are great and they have a good selection of corals and fish.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back