What are the parameters for tropic marin pro?

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to know what the parameters for tropic marin pro reef salt was? I was seeing some mixed info and wanted to know the consistent parameters, thanks :)

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here ya go.

upload_2019-7-16_15-18-34.png

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
here ya go.

upload_2019-7-16_15-18-34.png
Forgot to add I used this salt previously and it mixed to almost the number listed numerous times. I only stopped using it, as I wanted to run a little higher alk and nutrients to change things up a bit lol.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot to add I used this salt previously and it mixed to almost the number listed numerous times. I only stopped using it, as I wanted to run a little higher alk and nutrients to change things up a bit lol.
That is awesome to hear! What salt did you change to? Also did you premix the dry salt before adding to water? And thank you!

Last edited:

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is awesome to hear! What salt did you change to? Also did you premix the dry salt before adding to water? And thank you!
I swapped back to Instant Ocean, just the regular. My alk consumption, calcium consumption, the fact I have 9 active tanks right now and had to dose anyways make it cost effective. The alk and calcium cost with the cost of salt is a lot less with IO. As for pre-mixing, I do rotate the bucket a few times and always have. Not sure why, but has been a habit since I started.

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I swapped back to Instant Ocean, just the regular. My alk consumption, calcium consumption, the fact I have 9 active tanks right now and had to dose anyways make it cost effective. The alk and calcium cost with the cost of salt is a lot less with IO. As for pre-mixing, I do rotate the bucket a few times and always have. Not sure why, but has been a habit since I started.

dang, I understand! 9 tanks is a big dent... alright sweet, i hadnt done that and my alk dwindled XD will start doing that now! Thank you!

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang, I understand! 9 tanks is a big dent... alright sweet, i hadnt done that and my alk dwindled XD will start doing that now! Thank you!
For alk, you may want to do measurements for a week, everyday at the same time and figure your consumption per day. It may be time to start dosing or one of the other methods of maintaining alk.

LuizW13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I can confirm that TMP mixes alk to about 7.5 dkh- it's the salt I use.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 58 42.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.8%
Back