What are these buggers? Video and pic included

ATXreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have Dinos, started dosing brightwell phos and nitrates. Have an explosion of these things after about 5 days. IMG_9259.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_9260.mov
    15.3 MB

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't quite see the "claws" or tail well enough - any chance of a clear, straight-on, top-down shot of the tail and/or a clear, straight-on side shot of the "claws" (the front most appendages)?

As is, I'm leaning toward a Tanaid, but the pics mentioned above could help with saying for sure.

OP
OP
A

ATXreefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't quite see the "claws" or tail well enough - any chance of a clear, straight-on, top-down shot of the tail and/or a clear, straight-on side shot of the "claws" (the front most appendages)?

As is, I'm leaning toward a Tanaid, but the pics mentioned above could help with saying for sure.
I will provide a little background on the tank, which I think will help us narrow it down. Tank is about 15 months old. Only shrimp in the tank is a coral banded. I haven't added any corals/rock/substrate for roughly 6 months, so there wasn't an opportunity to bring in hitchhikers as of late. I will try to get a better top down pic when I'm home from work.

kjkszpj9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look like bodybuilders flexing their big guns. but honestly they look like a mix of mantis shrimp, pistol shrimp and amphipods.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 33.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 29.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.5%
Back