What Are These Clownfish Doing?

Hoppy Reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 16, 2025
Messages
13
Reaction score
34
Location
Canada
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first 2 fish ever are a couple of mocha clowns. They’ve been in a 10 gallon cycled QT tank for 2 weeks, and I’ve been observing them for any unusual behaviour. The problem is everything they do is unusual! My inexperience makes it difficult to differentiate between an actual issue or normal glitch-in-the-matrix behaviour…

(First video post, I hope it works!)

 
My first 2 fish ever are a couple of mocha clowns. They’ve been in a 10 gallon cycled QT tank for 2 weeks, and I’ve been observing them for any unusual behaviour. The problem is everything they do is unusual! My inexperience makes it difficult to differentiate between an actual issue or normal glitch-in-the-matrix behaviour…

(First video post, I hope it works!)


The video doesn’t show. Posting a YouTube link is good.
 
Looks to me like establishing dominance
 
mine do that all the time. I have one that’s larger than the other. I assume that is now the female of the pair? But the smaller of the two still displays the behaviour in your video.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new