What are these critters?

JediGhostDawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had to make a super quick QT tank about a month or so ago due to me being sold a piece of live rock full with zoas for $50. Well of course I didnt see all the aiptasia on it and they opened up once in my tank. Well i quickly removed it and setup this 10 g tank and put the rock in there. I do not care about this tank as I have already fragged some zoas off the rock and put in my tank. For giggles I have kept it up and running and I am seeing tons of different life coming out. In particular there are hundreds if not thousands of these critters all over. What are they?

IMG_1350.jpg

OP
OP
JediGhostDawg

JediGhostDawg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So kinda be hard I assume to fish out the copepods and not get any flat worms. I do have a 6line wrasse on my main tank. I wonder if he could solve any flat worm issue introduced?

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
So kinda be hard I assume to fish out the copepods and not get any flat worms. I do have a 6line wrasse on my main tank. I wonder if he could solve any flat worm issue introduced?
IMO.. I would dump the pods and flatworms. Flatworms can reproduce very quickly and release toxic when dead. 6 lines are good, but they might not get rid of the problem or keep the flatworms under control.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 34.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back