Any clue if these are GSP or something else?

AdkReef518

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed these guys the other day on a piece of rock. They sort of look like GSP but they don’t have the purple crust like GSP and they are more white with a very light hint of green on the tips of the tentacles I do have GSP in my tank and they are sort of similar to the smaller ones I can see growing but seem to be thicker and shorter tentacled than the GSP. They are growing roughly an inch away from each other and on the lower side of my tank. They do receive light but not an abundance so i was thinking this is why they are a whiter color. At first I thought baby aiptasia but from the pics i see on google they don’t really look like them.

Any help is appreciated.
IMG_6414.jpeg
IMG_6415.jpeg
IMG_6417.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I noticed these guys the other day on a piece of rock. They sort of look like GSP but they don’t have the purple crust like GSP and they are more white with a very light hint of green on the tips of the tentacles I do have GSP in my tank and they are sort of similar to the smaller ones I can see growing but seem to be thicker and shorter tentacled than the GSP. They are growing roughly an inch away from each other and on the lower side of my tank. They do receive light but not an abundance so i was thinking this is why they are a whiter color. At first I thought baby aiptasia but from the pics i see on google they don’t really look like them.

Any help is appreciated.
IMG_6414.jpeg
IMG_6415.jpeg
IMG_6417.jpeg
This is a soft coral/LPS and likely a star polyp

Upvote 0

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back