What are these eggs

Fin Jackson

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2020
Messages
166
Reaction score
66
Location
Sydney
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,
Not sure if this specific matter belongs in here, but I need an Egg ID. Came back from work to see a stringy white substance covered in eggs coming out from the zoas right near where my Damselfish and Clownfish live/host the anenome. Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me what they are.
Cheers
 

Attachments

  • VID20221204182337.mp4
    7.5 MB
Hey all,
Not sure if this specific matter belongs in here, but I need an Egg ID. Came back from work to see a stringy white substance covered in eggs coming out from the zoas right near where my Damselfish and Clownfish live/host the anenome. Just wanted to see if anyone could tell me what they are.
Cheers
Possibly limpet eggs. These are generally good algae grazers.
 
Looks like it could be. Do they generally have 'sack' around them that they are contained in. Every other time I've had limpet eggs I haven had that.
 
Looks like it could be. Do they generally have 'sack' around them that they are contained in. Every other time I've had limpet eggs I haven had that.
From what I'm seeing online, different species of limpets reproduce by laying sack-like or coil-shaped egg masses or even spawning directly into the water column. What did your previous eggs look like/do you have pictures?
 
No pictures unfortunately, but I've had semi spiralled/coiled shape eggs laid. I've found the coil layers are generally a bit bigger then the broadcast spawners.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new