What are these on live rock?

canisterreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These have appeared on my live rock. Pictures as good as I can get. They do not look like aptasia to me. I did have a couple which matched and used aptasia F which killed them. These are green under blue light but brown under white light. The tentacles are very small unlike aptasia and they are clustered in a small group. Good or bad? Thanks
IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7869.png
IMG_7867.png
IMG_7867.png
IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7867.png

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Thanks. Should I get rid?
i'm not too confident in my guess. but it does seem like colonial hydroids. they can become invasive and overly irritate corals.

i'd get rid of them to be on the safe side, but also allow for others to chime in with their assumptions as well.

yanetterer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, get rid of them. They’ll spread with enough nutrients. My preferred method is to pull the rock, scrape, rinse, and cover the spot with glue or epoxy. If I can’t get the rock out then I’ll just cover with epoxy.

OP
OP
C

canisterreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm not too confident in my guess. but it does seem like colonial hydroids. they can become invasive and overly irritate corals.

i'd get rid of them to be on the safe side, but also allow for others to chime in with their assumptions as well.
Thank you

OP
OP
C

canisterreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, get rid of them. They’ll spread with enough nutrients. My preferred method is to pull the rock, scrape, rinse, and cover the spot with glue or epoxy. If I can’t get the rock out then I’ll just cover with epoxy.
Thanks I will do that

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 52 20.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 185 72.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.7%
Back