What are these spiky things on scrapper?

OP
OP
O

Oropher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Starve them out. Only target feed corals and turn off flow when you feed the fish. I only use fish food pellets and avoid anything frozen.
Hmmm... i mainly feed the fish with flakes; after feed mode ended, I sometimes find that vermetids catch some flakes too.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 6 bumblebee snails in tank, and I can see them occasionally on the rock. hoping for the best that they take care at least smaller vermetids. The snails have been in tank for 4 months.
I’m a bit hesistant to recommend reducing feeding since your tank already looks good. I wouldn’t want to tamper with that. So I guess, you could get a few more bumble bees and just manually removing them periodically to control their populations.

OP
OP
O

Oropher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a bit hesistant to recommend reducing feeding since your tank already looks good. I wouldn’t want to tamper with that. So I guess, you could get a few more bumble bees and just manually removing them periodically to control their populations.
I'm a bit skeptical with the theory of feeding less to strave vermetids.

i have a Pico 40L tank that has been running for 3 years that I feed rarely : only a sixline wrasse lives there which I hope can control vermetids and yet they are still growing in numbers. Coral only rhodactis, ricordeas, trachy and I never feed those corals or dosing anything. Just weekly 20% WC.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 41.9%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back