What are these two other ports for?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Be102
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Be102

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 29, 2016
Messages
1,884
Reaction score
1,043
What state or country do you live in
Massachusetts
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was just looking at my pump controller and realized I never really figured out what the two top little spots are for... I have two of the pumps and the bottom spot is used by floatswitches whilst the other seems to be difficult to figure out.


Any ideas?

1B2E7659-6A95-4429-A622-A63AC0CB8F32.jpeg
 
Here's what I found via Google:

The VarioS still only has six speeds of pump control, but this driver now also has a float switch port for automatically detecting when skimmate has reached a high level, either in the skimmer cup or in a remote waste collector. The Octo VarioS also includes ethernet input and output ports, presumably for third-party control the likes of Apex-Ready. An additional two serial buses on the side of the VarioS controller are there to integrate with a forthcoming full-fledged controller from Reef Octopus tentatively called the ‘Aqua Logic’.
 
When I first got my RO regal skimmer and varios 8 I emailed the manufacturer about the ports and they said it was for factory programming.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new