What are these worms and are they problematic?

jotoole

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 15, 2020
Messages
11
Reaction score
5
Location
Phoenix
What state or country do you live in
Arizona
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I moved a couple pieces of coral and all of the sudden all these little worms emerged.

BD75817C-E975-4DF8-B437-DFD8B7EA9C9E.jpeg 1AEA87E1-550C-4A85-A788-52101669CE57.jpeg
 
bristle worms, some people feel they shouldnt' be in their tanks, they are just a part of the clean up crew and i've never had issues with them, even had some very large ones many moons ago.
 
IME they are part of the clean up crew and very beneficial to clean inside the rockwork and sand. I had a ton of them but when I removed my sandbed they slowly perished until now I have not seen any in years.
 
Not welcome in my tanks but harmless unless you touch them with your bare hands . Arrow crabs will eat them like candy
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new