What are these worms. And other thing?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lyscer
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lyscer

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 12, 2014
Messages
339
Reaction score
129
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was looking at my dirty glass tonight and noticed a gray larva and a pink larva swimming in the water column. I shined a bright light and coaxed them down to the sand. At first I thought they were bristle worms but after closer inspection I have no idea what they are. Thoughts?

There is also another small bug that comes in near the end of the clip from the right and almost goes on the pink larva. Any idea what it could be?
 
If they were swimming around, were attracted to light and looked like bristleworms, they were epitokes.
 
If they were swimming around, were attracted to light and looked like bristleworms, they were epitokes.
I have these things on my past 2 builds, when they swim at night, its them mating and spawning, i have a serious problem with them burrowing inside my acros and lps and its driving me nuts
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new