What are these? Would you continue buying from this vendor?

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought from a popular vendor and removed the plugs per recommendations of everyone on the forum (thank you!) - it looks like a bristle worm? Would you continue to buy from this vendor (I was surprised how much came out, these were the two larger). This are larger plugs and I had saw multiple comments of no pests when other buyers dipped. This is before dip, from the plugs and water in the bag. Not much came from the actual dip.

Thank you

picture.png

StatelineReefer

Reef Safe With Caution
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a mini brittle star and a regular old bristleworm... is there something harmful that I'm missing?

By pests, people typically mean euphyllia eating flatworms, acropora eating flatworms, montipora eating nudibranch, or red/black/white bugs on Acros... I would welcome brittle/serpent stars and bristleworms as they're part of the cleanup crew, just like I'd welcome amphipods or copepods.

OP
OP
D

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that worm is not a bristle worm its like a similiar type that I have gotten before, they stay really small and dont really do anything. You can tell from the antennae. Good cuc. brittle star is also good. No worries
Thank you!

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought from a popular vendor and removed the plugs per recommendations of everyone on the forum (thank you!) - it looks like a bristle worm? Would you continue to buy from this vendor (I was surprised how much came out, these were the two larger). This are larger plugs and I had saw multiple comments of no pests when other buyers dipped. This is before dip, from the plugs and water in the bag. Not much came from the actual dip.

Thank you

picture.png
I'm always happy to find a free bristle worm!

OP
OP
D

dr_vinnie_boombatz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see a mini brittle star and a regular old bristleworm... is there something harmful that I'm missing?

By pests, people typically mean euphyllia eating flatworms, acropora eating flatworms, montipora eating nudibranch, or red/black/white bugs on Acros... I would welcome brittle/serpent stars and bristleworms as they're part of the cleanup crew, just like I'd welcome amphipods or copepods.
Thank you! This was my first coral order so still learning

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I remove bristleworms on sight.

Legendary Corals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you

picture.png
Micro-Brittle Starfish and bristle worms are a sign of a healthy and mature reef tank. Big props for dipping your corals, you should always dip regardless of the vendor.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Underwater centipedes just aren't my thing, beneficial or not.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Worm looks like a detritus worm

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good cuc for sure.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 122 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.6%
Back