Dumbest mistake ever?

neilsarah

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made quite possibly the dumbest mistake in reefing history. I was glueing in a new frag and forgot to shake up the glue. So all the runny liquid that separates from the gel can spewing out and of course I was over the water when this happened. My fox face decided that it was food and immediately grabbed a blob of it. Needless to say he now has his mouth glued shut. There is a string of glue hanging out of his mouth. Please tell me I didn’t just kill my fish. Will it eventually dry up and fall off? There is no way I’m going to be able to bet him but may be able to get my fish trap out and try to trap him. I know the pic is horrible but it’s the best I could get and gives you an idea of what it looks like. Please help.

IMG_9738.jpeg IMG_9737.jpeg

Garf

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made quite possibly the dumbest mistake in reefing history. I was glueing in a new frag and forgot to shake up the glue. So all the runny liquid that separates from the gel can spewing out and of course I was over the water when this happened. My fox face decided that it was food and immediately grabbed a blob of it. Needless to say he now has his mouth glued shut. There is a string of glue hanging out of his mouth. Please tell me I didn’t just kill my fish. Will it eventually dry up and fall off? There is no way I’m going to be able to bet him but may be able to get my fish trap out and try to trap him. I know the pic is horrible but it’s the best I could get and gives you an idea of what it looks like. Please help.

IMG_9738.jpeg IMG_9737.jpeg
I too have heard that it releases after a while.
its not the dumbest mistake eve
This were where I enter the room. Dropped a live 6 gang 240volt extension in my last tank.

isaacfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How bout my Mistake when my sump was electrocuting the water then when it made the glass lid shatter and then my fish ate the glass and it cut it’s stomach opened up

Sirlagzalott

Back at it after a 12yr hiatus
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How bout my Mistake when my sump was electrocuting the water then when it made the glass lid shatter and then my fish ate the glass and it cut it’s stomach opened up
I dropped a light in my sump once and instinctive tried to grab it. It wasn't on a GFCI so my kids heard me yelp two floors up!

Thuan

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I lean my head under led to take a better pic of a coral piece. Smell something burning. It was a clump of my hair. Hubby rolled his eyes when I told him.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 28 20.1%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 27 19.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back