What are these?

JCRove06

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are these? I have an idea but like most coral you see different names for seemingly the same coral.

They appear to be a hot pinkish color and polyps are on the larger side...About the same size as an utter chaos.

56C9DC2F-F7FD-470D-A041-BBA50110B3B7.jpeg

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Possibly devils armor.
Darth Maul is easy to distinguish from all of the others listed above - red base, with splotchy black spots all over, even out on the skirts. Everlasting Gobstoppers should have a green mouth, and Goochsters should have a bluish disc around the mouth (not speaking from experience, but if its similar to the bluish disc on the PE zoas, it may disappear under bright lighting, so maintaining the blue may require shade). Devil's Armor and AoG can sometimes be confusing.

As Charles said, AoG (at least the old school AoG) is a bright vivid red which actually "glows" under actinic lighting, with striations extending out to the skirts, and I would describe the skirts as greyish to brown. That said however, I have had AoG that actually looked more pinkish than red.

AoG11April09.jpg

PalyAoGpalys13March09.jpg

Devil's Armor IME is almost always more on the pink side, with definite black spotching within the oral disc and grey skirts.

PalyDennisDevilsArmor1March09.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back