What are these?

Reefing Reefer

If you build it, reefs will come
View Badges
Joined
Jul 30, 2020
Messages
161
Reaction score
167
Location
Sherman Oaks
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fluval Evo 13.5 that's been running for the past year, today I noticed these little guys all over my glass. I'm not sure what to make of them, I'm assuming they are some sort of a pest. I initially thought copepods, but I haven't introduced any to my tank - maybe they came in as hitch-hikers? Any idea or suggestions on what to do about them?

Thanks,

IMG_7505.jpg
 
Follow up question, would these guys be a sufficient food source for a mandarin goby? Thanks for the response, much appreciated.
Yea that is what they eat but a mandarin would quickly decimate all the pods in a 13 gallon tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 20.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 33 32.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 13 12.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 6.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new