What are these?

ZaydRossi

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 18, 2021
Messages
40
Reaction score
12
Location
Adelaide, Australia
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there, I have been away for the last week and have come home to these white critters on the wall, it seems to be a shell of sorts with something inside it. I don’t think it’s a Virminted. Would like to know what they are and how to get rid of them please
537DF8E8-EEC5-4421-A8AD-06AEA88DEFF6.jpeg
 
Spirorbid Worms
 
As sfin52 said, they're spirorbid worms, they come and go with nutrient levels, similar to hydroids and other things. They're mainly filter feeders, and will not bother anything in your tank. However, if you want to get rid of them, some wrasse's eat them.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 15.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new