What are your Favorite Acros?

I have a soft spot for the super electric SSC types. Not only are the colors really nice the growth structure is awesome and can vary widely depending on conditions from almost a smooth skin look to more of a tabling bushy structure.

this was one of my favorite shortcakes. A no name chop shop frag that turned into a real stunner.
IMG_9794.jpeg
 
I am into tabling Acros. I don’t recall the name of the one above the CB, maybe someone has an id from my picture in blue.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9127.jpeg
    IMG_9127.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_8999.jpeg
    IMG_8999.jpeg
    112.5 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_8998.jpeg
    IMG_8998.jpeg
    148.1 KB · Views: 48
I like a lot of the OGs.....Walt Disney, Orange Passion, Strawberry Shortcake, Pink Floyd, Oregon Tort, etc. I recently filled my newish SPS tank with a bunch of those.
 
Calling all you stick heads!

What are your favorite Acropora? Best of the best, could be based on color, growth rate, growth habit, etc. #1, top 3, top 10?

Feel free to answer the question however you see fit and provide some context.

I’m putting together a hit list and don’t want to get sucked into the internet hype unless the coral really is outstanding.

Thanks!
The ones that survived the crazy swings I have because of my lazy reefing.

Honestly, I bought things that are brown and cheap at the local fish store. After a couple months in the right amount of food and lighting, they’ve coloured up to things that are incredible and likely worth a lot more than I paid. Since I’ve discovered this, I’m quite keen on buying the 5, 10, or $15 flags just to see what happens.
 
A WD when it’s fully colored up (not mint green all over). Insanity is another really nice one when fully colored up.
 
This was the coral that ignited my passion for reefing, and was the first coral I ever bought. Would call it an absolute must have for any SPS tank.
Right? it is such an awesome coral, it looks great as a frag and even better when it grows into a colony.
 
IMG_0120.jpeg

Rte 66 skittles is coming along nicely
IMG_0121.jpeg

PRC fruity pebbles is superb and a fast grower to boot. It’s my overall favorite in the tank.
IMG_0122.jpeg

Red planet is pretty awesome.
 
A nice looking SPS that is not too expensive is ASD Rainbow Mille or JF Solar Flare (I have both and believe they are the exact same thing)

IMG_6802.jpeg
 
Three really great growers - at least for me.

ASD rainbow, bill Murray, and fox flame.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2224.jpeg
    IMG_2224.jpeg
    179.8 KB · Views: 46
Beautiful but technically that’s an Anacropora i believe. Beautiful nonetheless. I love my Tropicana.
IMG_0123.jpeg
Yeah it is Anacropora, I was never good at following the rules lol
 
Had my hands in water and took a few shots today with the phone. The King Curacoa I have a lot of hope for. It’s a hardy Acro, put it in this tank at 2 months cycling and it hung on. The blue Matrix is amazing. The PE is beautiful, I have a fish that picks at it some and that’s unfortunate and more retracted normally except at night. The green one does well, I’m fond of it. 33 years of insomnia gave way to cognitive decline at the 30 mark, I’m terrible with names now..
 

Attachments

  • IMG_9436.jpeg
    IMG_9436.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_9440.jpeg
    IMG_9440.jpeg
    182.8 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_9450.jpeg
    IMG_9450.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_9451.jpeg
    IMG_9451.jpeg
    185.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_9439.jpeg
    IMG_9439.jpeg
    169.3 KB · Views: 26

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 33.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new